Invitation to technology suppliers to participate in the 9th Workshop on Automated Border Control (ABC) and Demonstration at Gatwick airport in the UK on 5-6 June 2014
- US-Mexico border
- Integrated border security and management
- Document 9303
- airport security
- Entry-Exit System
- Land Border Working Group
- finger print
- technology validation
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Personal Identification
On 5-6 June 2014 Frontex will hold the 9th ABC Workshop, organized in cooperation with the UK authorities. The workshop aims to look into the latest developments on the ABC systems currently in use, under testing, or planned by EU Member States and Third Countries. Additionally, this workshop is also intended to foster the exchange of Member States’ experiences and lessons learned through peer discussions on benefits and challenges of deploying ABC systems at different types of borders, including land and sea.
Furthermore, it aims to share experiences and to address the vulnerability issues pertinent to ABC and the ways to mitigate them. These objectives will be further supported by the updates from the EC as regards the state of play of the Smart Borders Package and further developments in this area. The Workshop will be accompanied by a demonstration of the new generation ABC gates in use at Gatwick airport, UK.
Frontex therefore invites relevant industry players to attend the ABC Workshop and to share experiences on how vendors address the issue of vulnerabilities in ABC systems and on available counter measures. Selected technology providers will be offered to showcase (through a video demonstration or other possible means) different aspects of vulnerability detection and rejection in biometric systems.
Due to limited space, we will accept those participants on a strictly first-come, first-served basis, as follows:
- Only participants from system integrators and middleware suppliers of ABC systems will be accepted. Other industry representatives will be refused participation. You are kindly invited to indicate the ABC system(s) in which you act as an integrator or middleware supplier when registering.
- Only one representative per company will be accepted. Attendance is free of charge, but industry representatives will be asked to cover travel and accommodation costs.
- Those interested to showcase different aspects of vulnerability detection and rejection will be given a priority. You are kindly invited to submit an abstract of your proposal (not longer than 1 page) when expressing your interest to participate.
Should you wish to participate in the workshop, please respond to this invitation by 12 May 2014 by registering at the following link. Your participation will be confirmed within four working days. Again, capacity is limited and your attendance will be determined on a strictly first-come, first-served basis, so in order to avoid disappointment you should express your interest immediately.
Details on the venue as well as other logistical information will be sent only to participants who have successfully registered.